A dream turns into a goal when actions are taken to achieve it.
Successful ABC's of goal setting strengthen your self-trust as well as self-esteem. You need a perspective with a positive mind.
The ABC’s of goal setting are simple if you can think SMART: Be Specific with a Measurable goal that is Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
• Start with what you want:
"I want to be with my family for more hours this year."
• Figure out the measurable proofs that will help you reach your goal:
"We will have fun activity and family meetings each week."
• What you must do to achieve your goal: "Selected family member
nominates family activity every week; all should be ready and able to
• Goal setting typically starts with wishful thinking. You have to turn the
thinking into a concrete action plan, and that's what makes it a goal!
• Make your goal right. In addition to being specific and achievable, a
good goal ought to hit a certain sweet spot. Success and motivation
tie back to goal setting.
"The first law of success is concentration- to blend all energies to one point and go directly to the exact point, looking neither right nor left." William Mathews.
We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and we wish you a Happy New Year, from the whole team at Gregory Fisher Coaching!
Have a great week!